12 thoughts on “How to fake a fondant cake

1. Jess says:

It turned out so great! I absolutely love the Duff line of baking stuffs. His food coloring is THE BEST.

2. Jen says:

Love it!! Great looking cake. Happy Belated bday to L :)

3. Issa says:

You keep this up and you’re going to have to change your name. Take off the un part. ;)
    It looks amazing.

4. Miss says:

Damn, that is impressive. Next time I’m coming over to watch.

5. Lu says:

You did awesome. I am so glad to know the Duff stuff is worth it. The wilton stuff is awful. This looks totally awesome though.

6. Stacey says:

Clearly Undomestic Diva is a mismomer. First the end of school teacher scrapbook and now this. Martha Stewart watch out.

7. Adrienne says:

Save the scraps of cake and make cake pops! LOL
    This is an awesome cake, soon you’ll be making the cakes for the weddings you shoot

8. I really love this PTI card! Great choice of colors!
    Your mom is a trooper…and so are you! Hang in there!

9. Donna in VA says:

Wow! What a great job! And an excellent tutorial. I bake, but fondant scares the crap out of me. You’ve just made it less scary. Maybe I should add fondant to my 30 day challenge.

10. Awesome job. Wanna come to Vegas and help me with Boo’s birthday cake in December?

11. Laurie says:

LOL – great post. I just linked to you on my blog, where I was using Wilton fondant, but I took their classes so had a bunch of it. Did you not like marshmallow fondant? I found a recipe for buttercream fondant at allrecipes.com, think I will try that next.

12. Melissa says:

Best tutorial over.

C)….is an asshole!

Hilarious! This is exactly why I only for cupcakes. Great job!

M.